Tuesday, March 22, 2011

La chanson de Slogan (Theme from “Slogan”)

This is the song that introduced me to the music of Serge Gainsbourg.

by Blonde Redhead:




And the original:


Translation after the jump…


I love this song!

Tu es faible tu es fourbe tu es fou
You’re weak you’re decietful you’re crazy
Tu es froid tu es faux tu t’en fous
You’re cold you’re fake you don’t care
Évelyne je t’en prie Évelyne dis pas ça
Évelyne I beg you Évelyne don’t say that
Évelyne tu m’as aimé crois-mois
Évelyne you have loved me believe me

Tu es vil tu es veule tu es vain
You’re vile you’re spineless you’re vain
Tu es vieux tu es vide tu n’es rien
You’re old you’re empty you’re nothing
Évelyne tu es injuste Évelyne tu as tort
Évelyne you’re injust Évelyne you’re wrong
Évelyne tu vois tu m’aimes encore
Évelyne you see you still love me

Lyrics by Serge Gainsbourg, Translation by Greg Smith


2 comments:

  1. Came across this place searching for the English translation for Gainsbourg's Manon. What a great way to help with French! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sasha. I've been away from it for a while, but I'm glad it's still useful to people.

      Delete