Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ces petits riens (These little things)




Translation after the jump...


Mieux vaut n'penser à rien
Better to think of nothing
Que n'pas penser du tout
than not think of anything
Rien c'est déjà
Nothing is already
Rien c'est déjà beaucoup
Nothing is already a lot
On se souvient de rien
We remember nothing
Et puisqu'on oublie tout
And since we forgot everything
Rien c'est bien mieux
Nothing is better
Rien c'est bien mieux que tout
Nothing is better than anything


Mieux vaut n'penser à rien
Better to think of nothing
Que de penser à vous
than to think of you
Ça n'me vaut rien
It does me no good
Ça n'me vaut rien du tout
It does me no good at all
Mais comme si de rien
But as if nothing
N'était je pense à tous
Had happened I think of it all
Ces petits rien
These little things
Qui me venaient de vous
That come to me of you


Si c'était trois fois rien
If it were three time nothing (next to nothing)
Trois fois rien entre nous
almost nothing between us
Evidemment
Obviously
Ça ne fait pas beaucoup
It isn't much
Ce sont ces petits riens
It is these little things
Que j'ai mis bout à bout
That I placed end to end
Ces petit rien
These little things
Qui me venaient de vous
That come to me of you


Mieux vaut pleurer de rien
Better to cry about nothing
Que de rire de tout
than to laugh at everything
Pleurer pour un rien
To cry over nothing
C'est déjà beaucoup
Is already a lot
Mais vous vous n'avez rien
But if you have nothing
Dans le cœur et j'avoue
In the heart and I confess
Je vous envie
I envy you
Je vous envie beaucoup
I envy you a lot


Ce sont ces petits riens
It is these little things
Qui me venaient de vous
That came to me of you
Les voulez-vous?
Do yo want them?
Tenez! Que voulez-vous
Look! What do you want
Moi je ne veux pour rien
Me, I don't want anything
Au monde plus rien de vous
Of the world nothing more of you
Pour être à vous
For to be with you
Faut être à moitié fou
I'd have to be half crazy













Lyrics by Serge Gainsbourg, Translation by Greg Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment