Monday, April 19, 2010

Couleur café (Coffee color)

My 50th post!





Translation after the jump...




J'aime ta colueur café
I love your color coffee
Tes cheveux café
Your hair coffee
Ta gorge café
Your throat coffee
J'aime quand pour moi tu danses
I love when you dance for me
Alors j'etends murmurer
So I can hear whispering
Tous tes bracelets
All your bracelets
Jolis bracelets
Pretty bracelets
A tes pieds ils se balancent
At your feet they swing


Couleur
Color
Café
Coffee
Que j'aime ta couleur
I like your color
Café
Coffee


C'est quand même fou l'effet
It's the same crazy effect
L'effet que çe fait
The effect that this is
De te voir rouler
To see you roll
Ainsi des yeux et des hanches
your eyes and hips so
Si tu fais comme le café
If you do like coffee
Rien qu'à m'énerver
Nothing but annoying me
Rien qu'à m'exciter
Nothing but exciting me
Ce soir la nuit sera blanche
Tonight the night is white


Couleur
Color
Café
Coffee
Que j'aime ta couleur
I like your color
Café
Coffee


L'amour sans philosopher
Love without philosophizing
C'est comm' le café
It's like coffee
Très vite passé
Soon passed
Mais que veux-tu que j'y fasse
But what do you expect me to do
On en a marr' de café
We're sick of coffee
Et c'est terminé
And it's over
Pour tout oublier
forget everything
On attend que ça se tasse
You wait until it settles


Couleur
Color
Café
Coffee
Que j'aime ta couleur
I like your color
Café

Coffee




Thanks for your Help, Pascale.
Lyrics by Serge Gainsbourg, Translation by Greg Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment